- At happyinc.in, teenagers or young adults who are sad, in distress, or just want someone to talk to, can speak with our Helpers.
- Users agree and understand that happyinc.in is merely a peer support service and in no way replaces actual and professional counseling and therapy. For any professional counseling requirements, users are advised to seek a licensed therapist/counselor/psychologist as the case may be.
- Please do NOT use our service for EMERGENCY or CRISIS situations. We classify emergency/crisis situations as those where the help-seeker is contemplating suicide or feels that they are a threat to themselves or others.
Our Helpers at HappyInc are not trained or qualified to assist you in such situations. We are a peer support service where all our Helpers are trained volunteers, and hence are not an alternative to professional mental health services. If you find yourself in a crisis or emergency situation, it is best you contact a professional.
All crisis or emergency conversations will be terminated immediately. If you are thinking about suicide, or feel that you may be a danger to yourself or to others, or if you otherwise have any medical emergency, call the relevant emergency number in your country and notify the police or emergency medical services. You may also refer to the helplines listed on our website. (https://happyinc.in/2021/06/11/helplines/)
- Our team of Helpers are teenagers themselves (between the ages of 16-21) and have undergone a two-week training program, to improve the efficacy of our peer support process.
- Besides speaking with our Helpers, Users can listen to a curated list of songs (The HappyPlaylist), or go through our very own HappyBlog that consists of content (drawings, writings, music), submitted to us by our helpers and users.
- The owners, administrators, Helpers, developers, and creators of HappyInc shall not be liable for any damages caused with respect to the use of our website and engagement with any helpers.
No Unlawful and/or Prohibited Use
Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
- Our Helpers are not professionals nor are they a professional alternative to mental health service providers (therapists, psychologists, counselors etc.). Completion of our training program, does not certify them professionally in any way.
- We or our Helpers are not liable if our users harm themselves, or their condition exacerbates after availing our service. We are strictly a peer support service and users are advised to ensure that they do not seek professional advice from our helpers. Our helpers have been specifically instructed to direct any queries of a professional nature to our Advisor Mr. Rakesh Godhwani or refer users to other professional services details of which can be found on our website at happyinc.in
- By using our Service, you acknowledge that you are aware that helpers or other individuals you may interact with are not professionals and you shall not hold them or the organisation, HappyInc Services responsible in case of any mishap or injury of any nature whatsoever.
- The username can be anything, but if it contains inappropriate, discriminatory or offensive language, the matter will be looked into by the operators of the website and if they deem necessary, the client’s membership can be terminated.
Any information that we provide on this site is for educational or informational purposes only and should not be treated as medical, behavioral or mental health care advice. The information is not intended to be used for medical diagnosis or treatment or as a substitute for consultation with a qualified mental health care provider. Any online therapist directory or information that we offer is solely as a courtesy to users of our site. HappyInc Services does not examine, determine, or warrant the competence of any mental health professional or hotline/service listed on our website. Use of the information or any link on the website to locate a mental health professional or facility is wholly voluntary and will not result in any liability against HappyInc Services or its helpers.
In no event shall we be liable for any damages to any user of the information for the voluntary selection of any professional, for the services provided by such professional or facility listed therein, or for any other damages which may occur. We cannot and do not provide any warranties related to the information contained in or resulting services from a professional or facility listed on our website.
We further recommend that users check the certification and/or licensing of any mental health professional or other health care provider with the applicable authorities and that you verify all their credentials.
We do not promise that this website will be error-free, uninterrupted, nor that this site will provide specific results from your use of any content, search or link on it. We do not warrant or represent that files you download from this site will be free of viruses or other harmful features.
- Feels or is made aware that their client may harm themselves or those around them;
- Is made aware that the safety of the user or any children around them is being abused physically, sexually or mentally;
- Is made aware that the client committed or is committing illegal acts (theft, possession of illegal items, sexual or physical abuse)
EXPRESS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
THIS SITE AND ALL CONTENT CONTAINED WITHIN IT ARE DELIVERED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. HAPPYINC.IN DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. HAPPYINC SERVICES MAKES NO WARRANTY AS TO THE RELIABILITY, ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, USEFULNESS, ADEQUACY, COMPLETENESS OR SUITABILITY OF THE SERVICES OR CONTENT CONTAINED ON THIS SITE.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT OR NEGLIGENCE, WILL HAPPYINC SERVICES, OR ITS AFFILIATES AND PARTNERS, BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT ARISE OUT OF OR ARE RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THIS SITE. IN NO EVENT SHALL HAPPYINC.IN’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY, OR THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF OUR AFFILIATES AND PARTNERS, TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE OR CLAIM RELATED TO OR ARISING OUT OF THIS SITE EXCEED THE TOTAL AMOUNTS, IF ANY, PAID BY YOU TO US FOR ACCESSING THIS SITE.
Intellectual Property Rights
You agree not to duplicate, publish, modify, or otherwise distribute the material on this site unless specifically authorized in writing by us to do so. You agree not to frame, or assist third parties in framing, any of the Web pages contained in this site and such framing is strictly prohibited. The content on this site is proprietary to HappyInc Services and/or its business partners and is protected by Indian and international copyright and other intellectual property laws.
- All the content in the HappyBlog is not the copyright of our organisation but that of the Helpers/help-seekers who contributed to it.
- You accept and acknowledge that if you submit some content for our blog, you also give us permission to put it up on our website so that other helpers/help-seekers can view it.
- If you submit work to us you understand that the final decision to upload and remove your content is that of the administrators of the website.
Links to Third Party Services
The Site contains links to third party web sites (e.g., co-branding, links, links to services, reference links in Content). These third party Web sites are not under our control and we are not responsible for any linked third party Web sites or for the content, products and/or services they provide. YOUR USE OF LINKED THIRD PARTY WEB SITES IS AT YOUR RISK AND SUBJECT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE FOR SUCH SITES. UNLESS EXPRESSLY STATED BY US, WE DO NOT RECOMMEND OR ENDORSE THE CONTENT, PARTICULAR PRODUCTS, SERVICES OR WEB SITES OF ANY THIRD PARTIES OR MAKE ANY DETERMINATION WHETHER ANY SUCH CONTENT, PRODUCT, SERVICE, OR WEB SITE MAY BE ACCURATE, NECESSARY OR APPROPRIATE FOR YOU OR FOR YOUR USE IN RENDERING CARE TO PATIENTS.
However, if you experience a problem with a third party site, please let us know by contacting support using our contact form and we will investigate the link and take appropriate action.
The terms and conditions contained herein sets forth the entire understanding and agreement between you and HappyInc Services with respect to the subject matter hereof, and supersedes any prior or contemporaneous understanding whether in written or oral form.